Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rethinking Computers and Instruction: Reflecting What You Know

1.  Must I use a inquiry-based learning approach in my classroom to use computers as a tool?
I believe that inquiry-based learning should be used in the classroom when using the computers.  Using this approach allows the students to solve problems and solutions by exploring, analyzing and gathering data.  This allows students to gain new knowledge and expand their mind frames!!!

2.  Can I still use tutorials and drill practice software?
Yes, I believe that you can still use tutorials and drill practice software.  Both of these approaches allow students to regain information learned and reinforce it.  Turtorials and drill practices give students a chance to review and practice information previously learned.  The software also offers a bit of entertainment as well.

3.  Won't I have to spend a great deal of time to develop these units of instruction?
These units of instruction do not take a great deal of time.  These lessons can be developed as you are going along.  When I develop lessons for my students I always let them know that that its a new technology lesson and we are all learning together.  If the lesson fails student now a days know how technology is and it sometimes fails!

4.  Won't Every student need a computer to use it as a tool?
Not every student will need a computer to use it as a tool.  Students can work together to collaborate to find valuable use for the computers software tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment