Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Reflecting on What I Know: Using Technology for Higher Learning

1.  How can I get my students to ask questions about the research they are conducting?
You can do this by having students to use Higher Order Thinking by using a "Think Sheet".  Think sheets are designed to help the student understand the content by using appropriate inquiry skills. 
2.  How can I teach my students to solve problems?
We should teach our students that in order to solve a problem we must first learn to identify the problem.  After the problem is identified, the student must understand what needs to be known to solve the problem  and identify data or information to collect to solve the problem.  After all of that is complete the student can analyze the data and come up with possible solutions to sovle the problem. 

3.  I've never used an inquiry-based approach, much less computers- so how is a teacher supposed to do both of these at one time?
When using technology it involves, playing around and getting to know the equipment until you figure out how it actually works.  In using inquiry based approaches it involves a similar process.  it all about identifying the problem and coming up with possible solutions.  This is how teachers should approach the inquiry based approach using technology-- as a problem solving venture where you have to work out the "kinks" along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment